Plein Air Painting at the Old Constabulary, Brightwater, 4th Nov 2020
Meet us for plein air painting on 4th November 2020, 10am, at the old constabulary in Brightwater, 15 Jeffries Road. The building is a gorgeous old New Zealand style villa, which is not inhabited any more. Please read these detailed instructions on how to get to the property, toilet facilities and safety:
Address: The corner of Jefferies Road and Lord Rutherford Road South, just out of Brightwater. The landowners house is at 15 Jeffries Road if you need to put it in your phone.
Directions. . .
1. Coming from Nelson or Richmond, stay on State Highway 6 until just past the Lord Rutherford Birthplace memorial. Turn LEFT at the sign on SH6, which says Robertson Road and Lord Rutherford Road South. (See map below)
2. Then bear RIGHT (don’t take the left fork). You are now in Lord Rutherford Road South. Continue straight, across the short bridge and you’ll soon see the old 19th Century Constabulary in a field on the LEFT just before Jefferies Road, which is off Lord Rutherfor Road South on the left.
3. Please note: Entry to the old house is off Jeffries Road, NOT Lord Rutherford Road South. The landowner’s house is a large white house, the first house on the left in Jeffries Road. Entry to the old constabulary is via the paddock in front of the owners house. Jacquelyn Lane or Nicole will be there to direct you. We’ll tie balloons on the fence.
4. You can park a little way onto the property down Jefferies Road or on the road itself, (well clear of the corner please).
5. You can use toilet facilities at Jacquelyn Lane’s house at 205 Lord Rutherford Road South, just opposite the end of Jefferies Road. She will have some balloons on her letter box and some on the fence on Jefferies Road where we can enter the Bashford’s farm to get access to the Constabulary paddock.
5. Please note: Absolutely no Smoking or any other activity that could ignite a fire.
5. If you lose your way, call Jacquelyn’s house on 542 3334 or cell 021 215 9292 or Nicole 022 378 6099.
Please bring your painting supplies, a chair, bug spray, sun screen, morning tea/lunch and good weather.
Plein air is scheduled for every Wednesday morning, except the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Please contact me if you like regular updates by email.